Web development is a field of technology that is on boost. Web development platforms are needed for developing websites, applications, and more.
ASP.NET MVC and web forms are widely used web development platforms. Microsoft designs both platforms and can be used by anyone during their free trial.
ASP.NET MVC vs Web Form
The main difference between ASP.NET MVC and web forms is that no function is related to the code behind each programming page of the ASP.NET MVC web development platform. On the other hand, all the functions rely upon coding behind every programming page of the web form web development platform.
In the ASP.NET MVC web development platform, the person using the ASP.NET MVC web development platform can see the view any number of times without coding.
Whereas, in the web forms web development platform, the person using that platform must have the coding for each class if he or she has to view that specific page he or she is coding for.
Comparison Table Between ASP.NET MVC and Web Form
|Parameters of comparison||ASP.NET MVC||Web forms|
|Weight of the software||ASP.NET MVC is lightweight||Web form is higher in weight as compared to ASP.NET MVC|
|Designing method||Use of HTML as their markup language||Control over servers|
|Time consumed||ASP.NET MVC consumes less time||URLs generated by ASP.NET MVC are SEO-friendly and are based on the route|
|Ideal for||ASP.NET MVC is ideal for designing innovative and interactive web applications||Web forms consume more time as compared to ASP.NET MVC|
What is ASP.NET MVC?
The ASP.NET MVC web development platform is developed by the company Microsoft and is designed based upon the model called model view controller program.
The main idea of the model view controller program is that this program allows people to develop and design web applications based upon only three different components: a model, view, and controller.
These three components of the model signify three different ASP.NET MVC acts of developing and designing a web application.
The first component, the model, signifies the data used during the web application development. The second component, a view, signifies the web application’s interface during its design. The last component of the model, which is known as the controller, signifies the logic that is behind the development of the web application.
All these three components are used in the ASP.NET MVC web development platform for users to develop and design web applications. Moreover, the ASP.NET MVC uses HTML as its markup language.
That is to say, for web applications, users will have to rely upon HTML as their programming language. ASP.NET MVC is a great web development platform used widely by many companies, such as Microsoft and GoDaddy.
What is Web Form?
Webform is another type of web development platform that Microsoft also develops. The web forms are coming out to be among the best web development platforms. The reason behind that is that web forms have built-in data controls.
Webform is used widely by many different companies, and the major benefit of using web forms as the primary platform for developing web applications is that web forms do not require intensive coding like other traditional web development platforms.
Instead, the web form uses programming and coding for its function.
The major characteristic of web forms is that the person needs to have complete coding for the page to view that certain page. This makes the web development platform more weight as every page has coding and commanding.
Main Differences Between ASP.NET MVC and Web Form
- The weight of pages of the ASP.NET MVC web development platform is light compared to the web forms. The reason is that no coding is required in ASP.NET MVC to view pages. On the other hand, the weight of the web forms web development platform pages is very high compared to ASP.NET MVC. The reason is that coding is required for the class to view that page.
- The URLs of the ASP.NET MVC web development platform depend upon the controller and are based on the route. Moreover, the ASP.NET MVC web development platform URLs are SEO-friendly. Whereas the web form web development platform URLs are based upon files that exist in physical form. In addition, just like ASP.NET MVC, the URLs generated using the web forms web development platform are also SEO friendly.
- ASP.NET MVC web development platform uses HTML as its markup language rather than having control and dependency upon servers. Web forms are web development platforms that use control over servers to design the web.
- Since there is no control and dependency over the servers, it takes less time for the person to design. But in the case of web forms, since it is used to control and depend on the servers, it takes comparatively more time for the person to design.
- The ASP.NET MVC web development platform shows great performance when developing web applications in terms of innovation and interaction. On the other hand, web forms show great performance when developing fast-processing web programs.
Both web development platforms are among the best options for someone wishing to develop a web application. Both ASP.NET MVC and web forms have their advantages and disadvantages.
But in comparison, ASP.NET MVC comes out to be a better option because the ASP.NET MVC is lightweight, highly efficient, and remarkably less time-consuming.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari is the founder of ExactlyHowLong.com website.
I am a professional full-time blogger, a digital marketer, and a trainer. I love anything related to the Web and I try to learn new technologies every day.
All the team management, content creation, and monetization tasks are handled by me. Together with the team at ExactlyHowLong, the aim is to provide useful and engaging content to our readers.
In game development, I love playing with every different engine, toolset, and framework I can find. In digital art, I love everything from painting to vector work to pixel art to 3D modeling.
In short, if it’s creative and you can make it digitally, I love it.