Exact Answer: At least 2 weeks.
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure which is also commonly referred as nose job. It is a type of plastic surgery which is done to alter or reconstruct the structure of the nose. This procedure is done with the help of two types of plastic surgeries, namely:
- Reconstructive Surgery: It is done to restore the functionality and form of the nose.
- Cosmetic Surgery: It is performed to change the appearance of the nose.
It is the responsibility of the patient to take utmost care of the area where the surgery is to be performed. The patient must see to it that the area is kept clean and be very careful when dealing with the affected area both before and after the surgery.
How Long After Rhinoplasty Can One Apply Makeup?
Makeup can be applied to the operated region after rhinoplasty surgery but it is not suggested. While applying makeup a certain amount of pressure is applied on the area where the makeup is applied, this pressure can cause some problems in the operated area.
There are certain factors that one must keep in mind while applying makeup on the operated area:
- Care must be taken to make sure that makeup is not applied on or near the incision of the surgery as it will reduce the breathability and also cause some pressure on the nose.
- It is necessary to keep the operated area as dry as possible, but after applying makeup when the time comes to remove it there are chances that it might get wet and some germs or dirt may stick near the incision.
Applying makeup after rhinoplasty.
It depends on certain factors, depending on what type of rhinoplasty the patient has undergone.
There are 2 types of rhinoplasties, they are:
1. Open Rhinoplasty: As the name suggest open rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure which is done externally and cause some visible incisions. Applying makeup after this procedure is not recommended until 2 months at least.
2. Closed Rhinoplasty: In closed rhinoplasty the incisions are made inside the nose, thereby resulting in a faster recovery time. Experts suggest that one can apply makeup after few days of closed rhinoplasty.
|Applying makeup after Open Rhinoplasty||Applying makeup after Closed Rhinoplasty|
|Wait for at least 2 months.||After a few days.|
How to apply makeup after rhinoplasty.
There are certain things one must keep in mind while applying makeup after rhinoplasty:
1. Not to apply makeup on the incision: One must always remember to not apply makeup on the incision.
2. Cleanliness: Whenever after rhinoplasty you apply makeup, remember to make sure that the makeup accessories as well as the skin are thoroughly cleaned before applying the makeup.
3. Don’t apply pressure: Remember not to apply pressure on or near the nose. 4.
Selection of cosmetics: Be very careful of the type of makeup you are applying. Make sure that the makeup product contains the least or no chemicals and see to it that you don’t apply too much of makeup, not allowing the skin to breathe.
Why Does it Take That Long For One to Apply Makeup After Rhinoplasty ?
Makeup is nothing but cosmetic products which are made with chemicals. Now since the word chemical popped up over here it is very important to learn about the side effects of these chemicals.
Some of the popular chemicals which are used in these makeup products are:
sulfates, parabens, synthetic colors, fragrance, alcohol etc.
Makeup when applied blocks all the pores thereby reducing the breathability of the skin which may lead to some severe skin conditions. It is necessary to think about the climatic conditions and your activity level before applying makeup. During workout the pores of the skin open up and if makeup is applied the skin would not be able to breathe and cause skin problems like wrinkles, pimples etc.
There is no specific time that after how many days after rhinoplasty one can apply makeup but many doctors advise to avoid applying any cosmetic products on or near the incision at least for 2 weeks after the surgical procedure. But, even after 2 weeks care must be taken to make sure that the incision is kept clean and no pressure is applied on it.