Exact Answer: 48 hours
Frontline plus is from Fipronil, which is a broad-spectrum insecticide. This insecticide belongs to a chemical family known as phenypyrazole.
Frontline Plus works by disrupting an insect’s central nervous system through blocking the GABA-gated chloride channels as well as the glutamate-gated chloride channels.
Due to its effectiveness, Fipronil is used in most of the ingredients used in controlling flea on animals and roach traps. Furthermore, the product is effective in controlling pests in cornfields as well as golf courses and commercial turf.
In connection to that, we shall go through how long does it take for frontline plus to work and why in this article.
How long does it take for frontline plus to work?
|Type of Pests||Time|
Frontline Plus works perfectly, and it removes fleas within 18 hours once it comes into contact with your pet, and it kills all ticks available within 48 hours. Once applied to your pet, the frontline plus will take 24 hours to cover the entire body of your pet.
Furthermore, frontline plus moves or spreads on the body of your pet via a process known as translocation. In this process, frontline plus is first accumulated in the oil gland, then it flows out gradually, and within the next 30 days, it will cover your pet’s fur protecting it from pests.
Why does frontline plus take long?
The amount of time taken for frontline plus to work highly depends on the type of pest you are trying to get rid of. When removing flea from your pet, the frontline will take approximately 18 hours, whereas it will take 48 hours to get rid of all ticks available on your pet’s fur.
\Furthermore, frontline plus is designed to remain in your pet’s fur for thirty days to prevent and protect it from getting infected with the pests once again.
Why is frontline plus essential?
If you are a pet lover, you would probably want to protect it from pests infection; therefore, investing in frontline plus will be a perfect idea. With this insecticide, you will be able to give your pet maximum protection from pest infection.
Here are some essential aspects that make frontline an excellent investment;
- It prevents and stops both tick and flea infestations.
- It puts to end all flea stages from egg, larvae to pupae development.
- Frontline plus is perfect for controlling re-infestations
- Protects your pet from fleas that are associated with flea allergy dermatitis.
- Frontline helps eliminate infestations that are associated with chewing lice
- Unlike most insecticides, frontline kills all pests within a few hours
- Despite being effective, the frontline is waterproof; therefore, there no need to worry when your pet goes swimming or takes a bath.
- It gets rid of ticks in all stages
- Frontline is convenient to use due to its ergonomic design.
- This insecticide does not feature any side effect making it perfect for use even when pregnant, lactating, or breeding.
If you are looking for an excellent insecticide that will help you get rid of all pests on your pet, frontline plus is the best option.