Exact Answer: 67 hours
Are you wondering how long it takes to learn to drive? If so, then you have come to the right place since in this article we will be taking you through all you need to know about this. Moreover, you also will learn about other things that may affect the duration which you learn driving. Therefore, you are in a better position to set aside enough time on your already busy schedule to learn this vital skill.
How long does it take to learn to drive?
Everyone is different and unique in their way, and the same applies when it comes to driving. Therefore, some drivers not only hate to park parallel, whereas others do not, and this also applies when learning how to drive. According to the Vehicle Standards Agency, it takes approximately 45 hours to study how to drive and 22 hours of practicing which makes it about 67 hours.
It is, therefore, necessary that you excel in well both exams, that is the theory and practical to know how to drive safely and legally. However, before you start starting your lessons, choosing the most advanced instructor is essential and here are some factors you need to consider.
- Reliability – Choosing an instructor that satisfies your need of knowing how to drive is important, and the cost is often expensive. Therefore, you need to avoid wrong instructors as they will affect your entire progress making your course costlier.
- Qualification – Your trainer must be a qualified professional with either as an apprentice driving instructor or a ratified driving instructor. This means your driving course will be successful with fewer errors.
- How comfortable are you during the driving sessions – While acquiring knowledge and skills on how to drive, you need to also feel comfortable during the training thereby making it easier to understand the whole process.
- Reputation – Research pretty well about your instructor either through your family members or friends. This is to ensure that your instructor is suitable for your course and will make you acquire quality and useful skills during your driving course.
Why does it take long to drive?
There are various reasons why it takes longer to know how to drive and discussed below are some of the main reasons.
- The number of times you have driving lessons in a week – Plan your time more effectively to have over one lesson every week for better results. The most time during your driving lessons will be about reminding yourself about what you have studied. Have at least two lessons weekly for your first month and subsequently you can reduce the number if need be.
- How much private training you get – Acquiring enough private practice gives you the essence of succeeding in your driving test. Therefore, once you have trained yourself for several weeks, inquire from the trainer whether you can do private training with your parent, sibling or friend. The more practice you do, the quicker you will be able to achieve your objectives.
- Your experience on different road situations – When you know how to drive your car in different weather conditions, this will considerably enhance your skills. Additional it will give you’re an assurance that you can handle a lot of different circumstances in reality.
- Your practice on hazard perception – Driving training evaluates how you can deal with any hazards you experience while on the road. This is a crucial factor in road safety. Additional checking your mirrors makes you keep yourself as well as others safe.
The ability to drive helps us to move faster; however, learning how to drive is costly. You have to learn carefully and implement skills on the road for safety measures always. After passing exams, acquiring a driving license shows you are qualified to run a machine.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari is the founder of ExactlyHowLong.com website.
I am a professional full-time blogger, a digital marketer, and a trainer. I love anything related to the Web and I try to learn new technologies every day.
All the team management, content creation, and monetization tasks are handled by me. Together with the team at ExactlyHowLong, the aim is to provide useful and engaging content to our readers.
In game development, I love playing with every different engine, toolset, and framework I can find. In digital art, I love everything from painting to vector work to pixel art to 3D modeling.
In short, if it’s creative and you can make it digitally, I love it.