Exact Answer: 12 Hours
When it comes to the area of the states in the United States of America, Texas ranks second. If a person wants to take a journey across the state, it will take a lot of time to complete because of the large area that needs to be traveled. The timing will differ based on the mode of transport.
It is imminent to know how much time it is supposed to take if a journey is being planned across the state of Texas. If the trip across Texas is to be completed by driving through the state, it can take 12 to 14 hours to complete the overall distance.
How Long Does It Take To Drive Across Texas?
Many routes can be taken to drive across the state of Texas. Different routes will take a different number of hours as the distance which needs to be covered will be different. There are two main routes that people take to complete the journey.
The two routes are 1-10, which goes through the southern part of Texas, and the second one is by taking the 1-40, which passes through the northern part of the state. Both the journeys have only a minor difference. If the journey is taken in one direct drive without stopping, it can take 12 to 13 hours.
The time to drive through the state can increase further if other factors are to be considered like refilling fuel, stopping for breaks, etc.
|Route taken||The time it will take to drive across Texas|
|Shreveport to El Paso||11 hours|
|Shreveport to San Jon||8 hours 30 minutes|
|Texarkana to El Paso||11 hours 20 minutes|
|Texarkana to San Jon||8 hours 30 minutes|
|Erick to San Jon||2 hours 30 hours|
Why Does It Take That Long To Drive Across Texas?
Any journey takes different time limits for different people. There are many reasons behind the time that it will take to drive across Texas. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- The primary reason that decides how long a journey can be completed by driving is the distance that is going to be covered. Since Texas is 801 miles long and 773 miles wide, it can easily take 12 to 14 hours of driving time. The time however is based on the fact that the driver is driving at a constant speed.
- Since driving at a constant speed all through out the journey is not possible, the journey can increase by 30 to 40 minutes or even more. Another thing that can matter along with inconsistent speed is if breaks are taken between the journey. A person can stop for lunch or dinner, which can enhance the time by 15 to 20 minutes.
- Since the journey is a long one, the fuel requirement also increases. A person might need to stop at least once for refilling the fuel. The stopping can substantially increase the timing by 20 to 30 minutes depending upon how soon the fuel can be made available.
- The driving style of the driver also plays an important role in the time that it will take drive across the state of Texas. If the driver drivers at a slow speed, the time to cross any route will take a lot of time. It can even take more than 20 hours at a very slow speed.
- However, if the driver drives at a good speed or high speed there are chances that the overall distance across the state can be crossed in even lesser time than 12 hours. Other than the driving style, other unforeseen things can happen and extend the time of the journey.
- Traffic is another factor that can sometimes increase the driving time across texas considerably. Since traffic can happen because of any reason, there is no specific timing as to when the traffic will clear out. Hence it can increase the drive across by hours. The overall journey can even take 15 to 20 hours.
Some other factors that sometimes can result in extending the journey if the person is stopping for sightseeing. Also, if the journey is started in the evening or at night, the person might want to stop for taking a nap before continuing the journey.
Although if only the driving aspect is considered, 12 hours is an apt timing to complete the journey irrespective of which route is undertaken.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari is the founder of ExactlyHowLong.com website.
I am a professional full-time blogger, a digital marketer, and a trainer. I love anything related to the Web and I try to learn new technologies every day.
All the team management, content creation, and monetization tasks are handled by me. Together with the team at ExactlyHowLong, the aim is to provide useful and engaging content to our readers.
In game development, I love playing with every different engine, toolset, and framework I can find. In digital art, I love everything from painting to vector work to pixel art to 3D modeling.
In short, if it’s creative and you can make it digitally, I love it.