Exact Answer: 15 – 22 Minutes
One of the most delicate lean meat that is ideally baked is the pork chops. It stands out for its, flavorful, juicy, and tender consistency. Therefore, they are required to be baked at a high temperature and in a quick manner for excellent taste.
Baking pork chops in the oven is an extremely easy task. They have a breadcrumb and parmesan cheese crust that helps create a tender, juicy, piece of pork. Baked pork chops are known for being one of the tastiest among all other pork chops recipes.
Baking is one of the best ways to cook pork chops because of the even heating and caramelization it gets in an oven. This recipe is completely hassle-free. Not only it is extremely easy to bake pork chops in the oven, but it also tastes amazing.
How Long To Bake Pork Chops At 400?
|Temperature||Baking time for 1-inch thick bone-in pork chops||Baking time for 1-inch thick boneless pork chops|
|350 degrees F||25 – 30 minutes||20 – 22 minutes|
|375 degrees F||23 – 25 minutes||18 – 20 minutes|
|400 degrees F||20 – 22 minutes||15 – 18 minutes|
|425 degrees F||18 – 20 minutes||12 – 15 minutes|
The main things affecting pork chop baking time are:
- Bone-in vs. boneless pork chops
- Oven temperature
Also, pan-seared pork chops need a few minutes less bake time, while stuffed or breaded pork chops require an extra 2 – 4 minutes. Thus, the baking time even at the same temperature can vary according to the size and thickness of pork chops as well as the method used for preparing them.
It must be kept in mind that boneless pork chops require less baking time than bone-in pork chops. Baking pork chops at 400 degrees F gives them a crispier and more caramelized texture. On average, bone-in pork chops need 3 – 5 more minutes of baking than boneless pork chops depending upon the side of the bone inside. Larger bones take longer to cook through than just a small piece.
One must remove the pork chops from the oven when they start looking appetizing are cooked evenly from all sides.
Why Does It Take So Long To Bake Pork Chops at 400?
Baking pork chops in the oven is one of the preferred ways to make pork chops. The steps to make perfectly delicious, tender, and juicy pork chops are as follows:-
- Start by preheating the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, olive oil, parmesan, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Placing the pork chops in a ziplock bag or a large container. Ensure that the pork chops are completely coated with the breadcrumb and spice mix.
- Set up the wire rack for baking. Place the coated pork chops on top of it. One can sprinkle the chops with little extra salt, pepper, and any leftover breadcrumbs if desired.
- Bake the pork chops until they are turning golden. This process can take anywhere between 15 to 20 minutes for 1 inch thick pork chops depending on whether they are bone in or boneless chops.
- Let the baked pork chop rest for a little while.
- Lastly, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
It also said that the thicker the meat, the juicier and tender are the pork chops. Thicker pork chops retain their juices better for more flavor and tenderness. Thus, targeting 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick chops is ideal for baking juicy pork chops.
It is essential to let the pork chops rest after baking to let the juices retreat into the meat for maximum flavor. Piercing into the chops during cooking or resting can cause the juices to escape causing the meat to dry out. Thus, one must resist their urge to cut into them right away.
Making tender and juicy pork chops in the oven using flavorful seasoning to bring out the natural flavors of boneless pork chops or bone-in pork is extremely easy and gets ready in minutes. They taste heavenly with roasted veggies on the side and are ideal for a perfect family-friendly meal for a quick weekend dinner.
At 400 degrees F, pork chops are ready to eat within half an hour. Remember that boneless chops typically cook a bit faster than boneless chops. One must also keep in mind that the thicker the pork chop, the longer and slower one should cook it.