Exact Answer: 20 years
” Friends ” is an American comedy produced by David Crane and Marta Kauffman that lasted for 10 seasons on NBC from September 22, 1994, to May 6, 2004. The storyline of the program centers on six New York City buddies. Bright, Kauffman, and Cranes Productions collaborated with Warner Bros for the television series.
How Long Did Friends Run?
|What Happened||When happened|
Rachel Green departs her wedding day and prosperous but unfulfilling existence in search of a new beginning. Rachel gets a waitressing job at The Central Perk in the West Village and joins Monica’s group of unmarried pals in their mid-20s includes Phoebe Buffay, Monica’s older brother Ross Geller, and neighbor Joey Tribbiani, a failing actor, and his roommate Chandler Bing.
The series follows six friends as they cope with various elements of their life such as love, job, and family, all of which are dealt with in a lighthearted manner. All of the Friends seasons depicted the characters’ ups and downs, yet they remained united throughout.
Friends have 10 seasons with a total of 236 episodes. The comedy featured roughly 22-25 episodes every season, and it followed the lives of six New York City pals in their 20s and late 30s. While there were other recurrent characters, Maggie Wheeler’s Janice and Paul Rudd’s Mike were the most notable.
There are some seasons/episodes that you should not miss.
- The One Where Monica Gets a Roommate is the first episode of the first season. Rachel hurries to her friend Monica, whom she hasn’t seen in years.
- The One with All the Poker is the 18th episode of Season One. Poker is taught to the ladies by the boys. Hilarity abounds when it comes to gender equality.
- The One Where Ross Finds Out (Season 2, Episode 7) Ross met Julie while traveling in China. Rachel knows she has affection for him when Julie becomes his girlfriend.
- The One with the Football (Season 3, Episode 9) The gang plays touch football in this one, reigniting an old feud between Ross and Monica.
- The One the Morning After, Episode 16 of Season 3 When Rachel proposes they take a break, Ross sleeps with someone.
- The One with the Triplets is the third episode of Season 5. With Frank’s triplets, Phoebe goes into labor.
- In episodes 23 and 24 of the seventh season, Monica and Chandler are married.
- The eleventh episode of Season 5 New Year’s resolutions is made by the crew.
- In episodes 17 and 18 of the tenth season, the last two parts of the series are heartbreaking.
Why Did Friends Run For So Long?
Friends were too pricey; the salary of the magic six was $6 million per episode (or 144 million per season). Friends were not canceled, but they did come to an end due to a variety of factors. Matt Leblanc has nabbed yet another gig. Aniston wanted to continue her burgeoning film career. The show was on its way to becoming a loop. Joey’s routines. Phoebe’s oddities, Fight between Ross and Rachel.
The characters had almost settled when they arrived at this moment. Monica and Chandler are the proud parents of twins. Mike and Phoebe married and planned to start a family. Ross and Rachel reunited after a long separation, and they already had a child, making things easier to mend. Joey was the only member of the gang who was still single, and he didn’t seem to find love until the final season of Joey, the spinoff series when he married Alex Garrett.
Each episode of ” Friends ” lasts between 20 and 25 minutes. However, because numerous situations required multiple takes, each episode of the show used to take roughly 5 hours to film. Changing sets was also a challenge, and it took up to 20 minutes.
It was all done in front of a live audience, which allowed the impact of jokes to be assessed ahead of time. Cliffhangers were the only thing they didn’t film in front of the audience to avoid spoiling the plot for the audience.
The group spends a lot of its spare time at Central Perk, a coffee shop on the first premise of Monica and Chandler’s apartment building, or in Monica’s apartment, which is the largest. Over the first several seasons, Ross lives alone, but three times during the series, he shares his third, larger apartment with Rachel.
“Friends” ended 10 seasons after airing in 2004. It is a popular drama and is widely regarded as one of the best. In terms of a reunion, the six principal actors reunited a few months ago that aired on HBO Max.
The Reunion was an unrehearsed hour-long event in which the cast returned to the first set, including the Friends’ apartments, the Central Perk coffee shop, and the iconic water fountain, to reminisce. During the event, fans were able to witness ” behind-the-scenes video.”
|ExactlyHowLong Home||Click here|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Table of Contents